Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Appreciation

Lately, every time I have wanted to write a blog post, it's usually been after one of those "trying" days - like the kind where you can't wait to put the kids to bed, veg out in front of the tv and go to bed. I have had a lot of those days lately. I could go on and on about how difficult my little teething/fussy/short napper my Lillian has been for the past couple weeks, or how Rylie is still having those days where she just can't seem to get to the potty in time and it's panty change after panty change. I could go on and on about all that... but I had an epiphany just the other day. I realized how dang lucky I am to be able to stay at home with these two ladies, in our wonderful home, with a husband who provides and takes care of us without complaint, and close family nearby who helps out whenever possible. I'm lucky to have a few close friends that I can call or write and vent to when needed, and get no judgement just understanding. I'm lucky to have healthy children, who are at most times happy and fun to be around. I love being a mother, even when it's hard. I have to remember this sometimes, when Rylie just won't be quiet during baby's nap, or when Lilly is screaming on the way home from the grocery store. Being a stay at home mom is hard, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I wouldn't want to miss any of this :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment